Software Engineer and Developer
Job Description: Software Engineer and Developer
American Magic’s design team is looking for a software engineer and developer to enhance the team’s room-scale immersive sailing simulator in Barcelona, Spain.
About American Magic:
American Magic is a professional sailing team that will be racing a custom 75ft hydrofoiling boat in the 2024 America's Cup, the pinnacle of sailing competitions. In addition to winning the next America’s Cup, the team mission includes developing an enduring sports franchise in the United States.
About the Role:
American Magic is seeking an experienced and skilled C++/C# developer to join our team. As a developer, you will be responsible for designing, implementing, and maintaining complex software systems in a Windows environment. You will also be required to work with network protocols and ensure that the software systems are concurrent, scalable, and efficient. As such, candidates for this position should be familiar with a variety of physics modeling techniques and possess coding and data analytics skills to use in a deadline intensive environment.
• Design, implement, and maintain complex software systems in C++/C#.
• Develop software that is scalable, and efficient, with a specific focus on concurrency and multithreading.
• Work with network protocols such as TCP and UDP, and design software that is network-friendly for real-time applications.
• Excellent understanding of code versioning tools like Git.
• Stay up to date with the latest technology trends and developments in the field.
• Experience with debugging and performance optimization.
• Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills.
• Aiding in the execution of an aggressive development plan for this America’s Cup edition and future campaigns.
• Collaborate with other developers and stakeholders to identify and resolve technical issues.
• Write clear and concise technical documentation.
• Participate in code reviews and ensure that the code is optimized for performance and error-free.
• Optional experience in real-time simulation is a plus.
• Master’s degree in computer science or a related field is preferred.
Please send inquiries to: email@example.com